How to Change Order of Songs on Spotify Playlist
Ask any Spotify fan – one of the best parts of the streaming service is creating customized playlists. Whether pumping up the jam for a workout or winding down after a long day, curating that perfect order of songs is key.
But the process of rearranging tracks can feel a bit confusing at first, especially for new users. While Spotify makes queueing up your digital music library easier than ever, reordering your handcrafted song lineup requires some maneuvering.
After testing out a few methods on both desktop and mobile, we’ve found simple ways to shuffle your tunes around. With just a couple of clicks, you’ll go from a jumbled mess of genres to a harmonious blend of beats and ballads.
Ready to become the ultimate DJ of your personal playlists? Let’s dive in.
How to Change Order of Songs on Spotify Playlist on Desktop
Playlists generated by Spotify can only be sorted by album, name, etc. To do this from your Desktop app. Here are the steps when you’re on a Desktop:
- Launch the Spotify App on your PC and log in to your account.
- Choose the playlist you want to rearrange. You can access it by expanding your Library on the Left Sidebar
- Once you’re in a playlist, you’ll notice different tags on the top column of the playlist. Clicking on each tag will let you quickly sort the songs in the playlist in ascending or descending order.
This is a pretty basic way to arrange the playlist song order. But for complete control, create a custom “Listener” playlist. Then rearrange to your heart’s content by:
- Clicking any track and dragging up or down
- Dropping into the preferred spot
You’ll slide songs around until your custom playlist has the perfect ups and downs. For full personalization power, import any Spotify playlists into your Listener before reshuffling.
A few rounds of trial and error will have you mastering seamless tune transitions.
How to Change Order of Songs on Spotify Playlist on Smartphone
The Spotify app makes reordering playlists easy, even on your smartphone. But heads up – you’ll need a Premium subscription to use this feature. The free version of the app, unfortunately, doesn’t give you this option.
Here’s how to slide tracks into your preferred sequence:
- Open the Spotify app and tap “Your Library.”
- Select “Playlists,” then tap the one you want to edit
- Tap the 3-dot menu and choose “Edit.”
- Drag and drop songs into new positions
- Hit “Save” to lock in your new sequence
Like the desktop app, only your custom Listener playlists allow full rearranging. But you can still partially organize curated queues by sorting with filters.
For spotify streams visit here
The Bottom Line
And there you have it — with just a few simple steps, you can customize your Spotify playlists like a pro DJ. Rearrange tracks seamlessly on both mobile and desktop to create smooth listening flows that will enhance your experience on Spotify!
Don’t be afraid to experiment with song order until you achieve the perfect playlist. With endless rearrangement possibilities, you can continually tailor Spotify to match your mood, activity, or listening vibe. Good luck!